Kampung Nuntunan, Keningau
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KNP Icon

TAGAL KG.NUNTUNAN
dengan kerjasama JABATAN PERIKANAN SABAH

Anda warga Kg.Nuntunan? Perlu login utk melihat semua topik...

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 264 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» Bomoh yang ada di Kg. Nuntunan. Siapa dia?
by sayabaikorangnya Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

» Yang pertama...
by Prisca Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:40 pm

» FIFA 2014
by edy Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

» kaamatan 2013?
by Admin Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 pm

» Penduduk kg semakin maju
by Admin Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:34 pm

» KEM KESIHATAN UNTUK WARGA KG.NUNTUNAN
by sabtu Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:10 pm

» Barisan AJK JKKK Kg.Nuntunan 2014
by Admin Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:38 pm

» Senarai Koleksi Lagu (lirik)
by Admin Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 pm

» JOY Music Centre -Keningau
by edy Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:09 pm

» Aktiviti "org kita" di luar negeri / luar kg nuntunan
by edy Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:15 pm

» Pelawat '3rd tRAINING PROGRAM' -15okt2013
by Admin Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm

» Tahniah... ClarineSisca Clare Japrin (25sept2013)
by Admin Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

» Barking at the moon
by Admin Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm

» UPSR 5A di kg Nuntunan
by Admin Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

» Penternakan ikan TALAPIA .. mari bincang
by edy Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 pm

» Jangan tebang/musnahkan pokok ini
by Admin Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:21 pm

» Gambar-gambar Tagal
by Admin Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 pm

» Rokok elektronik (e-cigarette)
by Admin Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:41 pm

» Post Mortem Kaamatan 2013 Kg.Nuntunan -13julai2013
by Prisca Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

» Gambar2 Kaamatan Kg.Nuntunan -22jun2013
by Admin Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:53 pm

KNP Chatbox

Visitors / Pengunjung / Pelawat

SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY

2 posters

Go down

SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY  Empty SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Taken from... http://www.sabahkini.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17669:sabah-shows-way-in-religious-harmony&catid=40:laporan-khas&Itemid=49

Sunday, 17 February 2013 13:44

SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY  Father-Francis-ceritalah
GREAT.....For Francis bin Dakun, a 44-year-old Catholic priest, Hari Raya celebrations are a family affair: “I take leave to spend time at home. I’m from a family of twelve: seven of my brothers and sisters are Muslim. My father, who became a Catholic, ended up building two kitchens in the house.” At a time when our public discourse is seething with resentment and distrust, the quiet but very dignified mutual respect of the Dakun family is so refreshing, if not uplifting.

By : KARIM RASLAN (The Star)

IN Sabah, the line between religions often runs through the middle of a family. Needless to say, many West Malaysians with our black-and-white way of viewing the world might fine such proximity a little disturbing.

Still, as I discovered a few weeks ago when I was shooting my Astro Awani show Ceritalah Malaysia in the former timber boom town of Keningau, issues of identity are all the more fluid and less divisive the further away you are from Kuala Lumpur.
For Francis bin Dakun, a 44-year-old Catholic priest, Hari Raya celebrations are a family affair: “I take leave to spend time at home. I’m from a family of twelve: seven of my brothers and sisters are Muslim. My father, who became a Catholic, ended up building two kitchens in the house.”

“We are Dusun and in the past, we had no religion. We followed the traditional beliefs. My father (he’s passed away now) was a bobohizan.

“He was like a kampung doctor and when we were sick he would take care of us since he understood the various herbs and medicines.”

“I became a Catholic when I was 14. It was a personal choice and the family respected it.

“I did not hear God’s voice calling me to be a priest. However, I was 25 years old at the time and working in a shipping company in Kota Kinabalu, I saw that the there was a great need: that the Church lacked priests. It took me seven years of training in Kuching to become a priest and further two years study in Rome.

“We use Bahasa Malaysia in our religious ceremonies,” (indeed we filmed a wedding he presided over in a small church outside the town).

“The use of the word ‘Allah’ is normal and acceptable in our community. We have been using it from well into the past. We are so comfortable with the word and cannot help but use it during the service.”

Father Francis’ elder sister Nooridah Hidayah bte Dakun is a Muslim and an ustazah.

She is also extremely active in the community giving regular talks on Islam and the Quran as well as a surprisingly innovative multi-faith discussion last year between Muslim, Christian and Buddhist religious figures.

Listening to Ustazah Hidayah as she talks about her childhood, it’s clear that she was sensitive and very spiritual from an early age: “I was close to my Atok, my grandmother and each year they had a ceremony to guarantee the family’s safety – the ‘menerebung’. However, I would feel worried. I was afraid that the ‘menerebung’ didn’t really protect us, didn’t cover everything.

“I had doubts and was uncertain. I began questioning everything: where did the rain come from, the storms at night?

“It was then that I came across the word ‘Allah.’ At the time I was a Christian and I found the word in Christian books.

Finally, I managed to find the Syahadah itself and the sentence made me feel at ease and at peace.
“When I was 14 I went to a residential school. There and with the help of an elder sister who’d converted and married a Muslim, I, too, became a Muslim. It was a difficult time.

“The family was unhappy and it took five years for my father to accept my choice of religion. Then one day as I was about to pray, he called me by my Muslim name, Hidayah.”

Her initial struggle for acceptance by her family has given Ustazah Hidayah a greater degree of empathy and warmth: “We must accept others for their faith. We must have hikmah.

“We should approach others respectfully. There is no need to speak harshly.”

Both brother and sister are soft-spoken and diffident and there is a slight aura about them, especially when they are together.

As a West Malaysian Malay I can’t help but find the Dakun family’s history and their respective personal journeys to Christianity and Islam enormously instructive.

Moreover, at a time when our public discourse is seething with resentment and distrust, their quiet but very dignified mutual respect is so refreshing, if not uplifting.

As Father Francis says: “In our family, one thing that is meaningful to me is that religion is not the cause of disunity but to bring us closer. After all, we are just one family.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nuntunankeningau.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY  Empty Re: SABAH SHOWS WAY IN RELIGIOUS HARMONY

Post by lyd Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 am

Yeay !! Glad outsider noticed the religious freedom among Sabahan..
Reveal more -- Like! Very Happy

lyd
Pengunjung Awal

Back to top Go down